The Lehanga, an age-old traditional Indian outfit, is a staple for many auspicious and festive occasions. Picking the right one, however, can be a daunting task given the plethora of choices available. Whether it's for a wedding, a sangeet, or a Diwali party, here are some essential tips to help you select the perfect lehanga for your special day:
1. Know the Occasion:
- Weddings: Traditionally, heavier lehengas with more intricate designs are preferred. Opt for richer fabrics like silks and velvets.
- Festivals: Something more lightweight and manageable might be more suitable.
- Party: A modern or fusion design, which could be lighter and more contemporary in its detailing, would be apt.
2. Body Type Matters: Understand your body type:
- Pear-shaped: A-line lehengas or ones with a flared hemline will be most flattering.
- Apple-shaped: Straight cut lehengas with longer cholis or jackets can create a balanced look.
- Hourglass: Almost any style can complement this body type. A fish-cut or mermaid style lehenga might accentuate the curves beautifully.
- Rectangular: Layered or paneled lehengas can add volume and curves to the silhouette.
3. Choose the Right Fabric: The fabric can dramatically impact the overall look:
- Silk: Best for a regal and classic look.
- Georgette & Chiffon: Lighter and flowy, these fabrics offer a graceful fall.
- Net: This can add a modern touch, often used for layered lehengas.
4. Color Palette:
- Traditional Hues: Reds, maroons, and golds never go out of style.
- Contemporary Choices: Pastels like peach, mint, and lavender or even deep colors like navy blue and emerald green are becoming increasingly popular.
- Skin Tone Consideration: Make sure to choose a color that complements your skin tone.
5. Embroidery and Embellishments:
- Zari, Kundan & Sequins: For a royal and grand appearance.
- Mirror Work: Adds a fun and youthful look.
- Thread Work: Can be elegant without adding much weight
visit Fabloon Boutique for customization services, enquiries or orders contact us: +91 99625 33300.